Ductless Room Air Conditioning Systems
If you’re looking for an energy-efficient alternative to central heating and cooling in your Macon, GA home or business, ductless systems like heat pumps and mini split air conditioners can heat and cool your indoor space without the need for air ducts. As a Factory Authorized Carrier Dealer, Wilson Bryant Air Conditioning can offer you a variety of modern ductless HVAC systems to heat or cool just one room or an entire house. We’re a local, family-owned company, and we’ve been keeping our neighbors comfortable indoors since 1960. When you contact us for information, you’ll always get straightforward pricing, skilled workmanship, attentive customer service and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
How Do Split Systems Work?
Split systems consist of an outdoor compressor/condenser unit and one or more indoor air handler units. The outdoor unit is connected to the indoor unit(s) via a conduit that contains refrigerant tubing, the power cable, a condensate drain and suction tubing. This conduit transports cool air indoors during the summer and moves warm air indoors in winter. Rather than having to install a system of air ducts that distribute treated air, the split system conduit requires only a three-inch hole in the wall through which the conduit can be run. For this reason, split systems are a popular HVAC option for new construction or for homes without existing duct work; however, they have other applications as well.
Advantages Of Ductless Systems
For homes with central heating and cooling where duct work is already installed, split systems are a great way to heat and cool new room additions and remodeled areas such as garages or attics that are not served by existing duct work. Ductless systems feature quiet operation and are easy to maintain. Other benefits include:
- Zoned heating and cooling. With multiple air handlers, you can create a number of different zones within a home, each of which can be maintained at a different indoor temperature. With a zoned system, you can heat or cool only the rooms you’re using instead of having to heat or cool the entire house.
- Easy installation. Unlike a central heating and cooling system, a split system can usually be installed in a few hours.
- High-efficiency performance. Because ductless systems do not rely on air ducts, there is no loss of heated or cooled air as it is forced through duct work. This can cut energy costs by up to 30 percent.
- Ease of control. You can equip your indoor units with remote or programmable thermostats for easy indoor comfort control.
- Superior air cleaning capability. Ductless HVAC systems come with high-efficiency air filters that keep your indoor air fresh and clean.
There are also state and local rebates and incentives available to encourage consumers to purchase energy-efficient HVAC products. To learn more about whether a ductless HVAC system would be a good fit for your indoor space, contact our Customer Care Team and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.